Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Man on the Penny Farthing Bike

My grandparents home was somewhat of an art gallery; filled with beautiful pieces that never failed to inspire. My favorite - by far - was a little statuette of a man on a penny farthing bike. It captivated me. It even became the inspiration for this very blog.
 
A few days before Christmas a package arrived on our doorstep from my uncle. As I lifted the flaps of the box I beheld that beloved little statuette. I couldn't believe it; I couldn't believe that I was looking at it...in my own home.
 
I believe that a person should have but a handful of treasures. A few belongings that are prized above all others. And this man on the penny farthing bike has become just that to me: a treasure.
 
  073-2_zps64e8a690 086_zpsd5640653
 
Thank you for the gift, Uncle Alan!
I will treasure it always!
Related Posts with Thumbnails