Friday, February 29, 2008

More Gilmore Girls, More Violin, and More Pictures

I'll start with a Gilmore Girls update. We have thoroughly been enjoying watching this series again. It had been 7 years since I had seen those first episodes, and so they are almost like new to me. I am falling in love all over again with Stars Hollow and its residents. For those of you who have never seen this show.....rent it, buy it, borrow it.....just watch it!



Next topic....my violin lesson yesterday. Hmmmm....where do I begin???? As I stood there listening to the genius of Dr. Burroughs it reminded me of an episode of Gilmore Girls that I just watched a few nights ago. Ivy League bound Rory visits the campus of Harvard for the first time and is completely overwhelmed when she learns that the library contains 19 million volumes. She felt inadequate, small, and unprepared. That is exactly how I felt yesterday. You see, I have studied the violin my entire life. As a child I was pulled out of school early every day so that I could get a few extra hours of practice in. At age 10 I began playing with a college orchestra. On weekends I traveled several hours away so that I could study with the best teacher available. In high school, when my teacher moved out of state I flew to my lessons. I have performed with many talented orchestra's and symphony's. I have even gone on several concert tours to Europe. I have done so much...... but yesterday, I felt I knew nothing. I was overwhelmed at the feeling of how much there is to learn. Dr. Burroughs was showing me things and introducing me to methods of playing that I had never even conceived. The good news is there is no rush. I am racing against no clock. I have the rest of my life to continue to improve myself and in doing so become a better performer and teacher. And to answer Marilyn's question yesterday: I began taking violin lessons as a gift from my Grandmother on my 6th birthday.



Last but not least: Elisabeth's 5 month pictures. I was thrilled with how these turned out and I wanted to share more than just the one I posted on the sidebar.






Related Posts with Thumbnails