Friday, March 21, 2008

100 Years Ago Today.....

On this day in 1908 my Grandmother, Juanita Louise Tamblyn, was born.

March 21, 1908 - September 8, 2004

I have such fond memories of her. Here are some:

  • Playing endless games of Old Maid, Uno, and Skip-Bo.

  • She salted her salad.....and I do too.

  • Violin lessons - a gift from her for my 6th birthday.

  • Playing the organ at her house (I inherited it.....lucky me).

  • Picking oranges off her orange tree.

  • Hearing the same stories word for word, countless times ("I said, 'were you nervous?' And you said, 'no'.").

  • That comforting smell that only Grandma's house had.

  • Hummels.

  • Davenports.

My grandma's home of 50 years, located in Burbank CA. Fortunately, my mother now owns it and my brother lives there. Because of it's pristine condition and classic architecture, location scouts have asked for permission to film here on multiple occasions.

Related Posts with Thumbnails