Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to our House

March is the month in which we celebrate the anniversary of purchasing our home. And what better way to say 'Happy Birthday House' than with a cake? So this weekend the girls and I will bake a cake, top it off with 3 candles, then sing a round of 'Happy Birthday to House'. It's a great little tradition. Not only do we think about all the wonderful memories that we have created in our home, we think about home improvement projects we have completed in the past year and set some goals for the upcoming one. We hope that by honoring our home each March our children will realize what a blessing it is to have our own little place in the world.




And speaking of homes....I recently read this post about the beautiful rolling green hills of England. It immediately reminded me of my childhood home. It wasn't in England, but there were rolling green hills. I feel so blessed to have grown up in such a gorgeous place. I don't think it was until after I had graduated and moved away that I understood what beauty I was surrounded by in my youth. Isn't that how it always is??? You don't realize what you have until it's gone. The good news is that my mother still lives there and we go visit her regularly (trip in the near future!).

The street leading up to my childhood home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails