Friday, May 2, 2008

Kindness

Have I Done Any Good?

Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone’s burden been lighter today
Because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?

Then wake up and do something more
Than dream of your mansion above.
Doing good is a pleasure,
a joy beyond measure,
A blessing of duty and love.

There are chances for work all around just now,
Opportunities right in our way.
Do not let them pass by,
saying, “Sometime I’ll try,”
But go and do something today.
’Tis noble of man to work and to give;
Love’s labor has merit alone.
Only he who does something helps others to live.
To God each good work will be known.


-Will L. Thompson


This has always been one of my favorite hymns because of it's simple message to "do something good".

I was deeply touched this week by the kindness of someone I don't even know. A package arrived, and this was inside:


It's the perfect dress for the upcoming summer - cool, comfortable, and cheerful. And the bib...complete luxury! She made the backing extra, extra soft so that Elisabeth can enjoy its feel.

Thank you Susan! You put a HUGE smile on our faces :)

***pictures of Elisabeth in this gorgeous dress to follow

Related Posts with Thumbnails