Saturday, August 16, 2008

Just a Spoon Full of Sugar...

As I have mentioned, I spent the last week sick. Well, due to said illness, I could not bring myself to keep the pace that I usually do. So I had to let some things slip....like the play room.

Here is how it looked yesterday morning (not a dramatization):



This was beyond anything my little ducklings could repair on their own....so I conceded and began cleaning. However, I was not a happy Mama. So I entered the play room with two bags; one for give away items, and one for trash. After an hour alone in the room I am pleased to announce that I pulled a Mary Poppins and order was restored:




I then called the girls into the newly organized space and had a big talking-to with them about the importance of treating their belongings with respect. We also sat on the floor together and read this:


I think it made a big impression on them. We have read this book many times before, but this time they could relate so closely to the story. A little while later I walked by the room and saw them playing:

The best part is that last night, after I had tucked them into bed, gave them hugs and kisses, and whispered countless 'I love you's', I went and peeked at the play room...and it was still clean!
Related Posts with Thumbnails