Monday, September 29, 2008

The Celebration

We hosted an Open House in honor of Elisabeth's 1st Birthday. Many friends and loved ones joined us to celebrate her sweet life. Here is a peek at her party:

We went with a lavender and green theme and used keepsakes from her first year to create displays.


I hung her blessing gown (which was also worn by me when I was an infant).


A guest book table adorned with her baby booties and ultrasound pictures.


Delicious fruit punch.


Flowers.


Lavender plates and utensils accented with 1st Birthday napkins.


A scrumptious buffet.


One of my favorite decorations: I took all of her bibs and hung them in the windows with clothes pins.


More fresh flowers (my house still smells lovely).


A game for our guests: We hung all 24 of Elisabeth's 1st year portraits on the wall...


...and people tried to put them in order from birth to today (not so easy!).


The best part of the whole weekend was having my Mom visit from California. She completely spoiled my girls and we loved having her stay with us. As soon as we dropped her off at the airport Lorelai said, "well that was fun having her come to our house".

Come again soon Mom!


Related Posts with Thumbnails