Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More Medical Worries


I took Lorelai in for her 4 year wellness exam yesterday. You know...temperature, weight, height, lollipop, and 'see you next year'. Nope. Not that simple. She has a systolic heart murmur. She is going in for an EKG and chest X-ray today that will be sent over to the cardiologist in Spokane.

This totally threw me. There is not supposed to be anything wrong with Lorelai. I already have Elisabeth. Isn't there some sort of 'one child per family' rule when it comes to children with health problems?

I know that it could be nothing. I hope that it is nothing. But I also know that it could be something...and that is what worries me.

But I mustn't get ahead of myself. She'll have her test done and we'll wait for results. Wait, wait...a common theme as of late...


***Oh yes, Lorelai also has holes in her right tympanic membrane {ear drum}. I don't know what that means yet. I'm going to focus on the heart issue first.
Related Posts with Thumbnails