Thursday, October 30, 2008

So Long, Farewell...


I am having issues. Last night we sold Elisabeth's baby carrier/stroller combo. It wasn't needed anymore. She outgrew the carrier months ago, and the stroller hasn't been used since Elisabeth got her new jogger. So it made sense. But I am sad...and this is SO not like me. I have never been sentimental or clingy. My theory is "if it isn't being used...get rid of it".

So what's my problem? Let me tell you. Selling the stroller meant that Elisabeth {my final baby} is growing up {fast}. And that my friends is the real issue here.

But life moves on and so must I.

I will title this chapter of my life The Baby Years and always look back on it with the fondest of memories. And I will continue to cherish what time I have left in The Baby Years before the chapter comes to a close. I will sing her lullaby's as I gently rock her cradle {she's still not in a crib}, I will enjoy holding her close as she drinks her bottle {no solids for this one}, and I will be happy that my last baby gets to be a baby a little longer than most.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

**Elisabeth and I are heading over to Spokane today for an EEG and visit to the neurologist. I will be glad to report all the progress she's made, but sad to tell him that we still haven't resolved her epilepsy issues.
Related Posts with Thumbnails