Thursday, January 1, 2009

Out With The Old...In With The New


With the new year approaching I realized it was time to start shopping for my 2009 datebook. Most women get giddy about things like clothes and shoes shopping. Not me, I love things like datebooks. Silly, I know, but that's me.

So I went to the local B&N and picked out a lovely brown leather calendar book. It was so me. My taste has always gravitated towards neutral colors...they are simple and practical. I made my way to the check out counter...and then I saw it. A lovely turquoise blue datebook. I couldn't deny that it was saying, "pick me, pick me". I thought it through in a quick moment and decided that this year I would add a bit more color to my life, starting with the calendar.


Now, me and my datebook are very close. It keeps track of a million gazillion things for me. Things like ballet classes, violin lessons, doctors appointments, rehearsals, concerts, therapy appts, etc. Whew, there's a lot going on this little family and my datebook is the all-knowing one.

Last year I chose poorly when I made my annual pick. The book was small, which was great for not taking up too much space in my purse, but not so great when it came to writing down the million gazillion appointments. So this year I was wiser:


Check out all that lovely space to jot things down, compared to last years cramped quarters:


And we have added a bit of luxury to the mix. I am loving the gold edged paper:


To top it all off, it has maps. I totally have a thing for maps and globes {but that's a whole other post}. This will be perfect for all the times that I need to look up where Azerbaijan is. You know, because that happens all the time...


The year is off to a great start. Later I'll sit down and figure out all the things I am going to do to make this year even better than last. It could be hard...2008 was a pretty darn good year.
Related Posts with Thumbnails