Saturday, February 28, 2009

And a Scary Time Was Had By All

Susan here, in case you don't know me I'm Lisa's mother-inlaw. I'm ghostwriting for Lisa today because she and Donald are currently at the hospital with Elisabeth.

This morning when Donald went to pick Elisabeth up from her crib, he noticed that she was limp and didn't seem to register that Daddy was there at all.

He called us (that would be my husband and me) (and yes that is proper grammar) anyway, he called us, I answered, he gave me a brief, briefing, on what was going on and asked if I could go and stay with the girls. I sent my husband Don, I had him get the girls and bring them to our house.

Okay, updates; I talked to Donald a few minutes ago and they are admitting Elisabeth to the hospital. After six agonizing tries, they were finally able to get a line into her. Elisabeth has very deep veins and this has always been an issue for her.
They have done a CT scan, they have given her a medicine to control the seizures she has been having. In fact one of the doctors thinks that she may have had a really big seizure while she was sleeping and these are the effects of it.
It's also being tossed around that her shunt could be malfunctioning. That has actually always been one of Lisa's biggest fears. If it's determined that it is indeed the shunt, then they will be transporting her to Spokane. That is where her regular pediatric neurologist is.

This is all the info we have so far. Either Lisa or Donald or I will keep updating on how things are going.

And one more thing, (Lisa has okayed this btw) If you haven't visited my blog, you should come check it out, I have a giveaway that ends today. You could be the lucky winner.

If this post sounds like I'm not taking this incident with the proper solemnity, don't worry. I just have a lot of faith where my sweet grandaughter is concerned. I know that in the end however life goes with our sweet baby, that it is what her Heavenly Father has planned for her.

That, and the fact that I am the perfect person to be there in an emergency because I am always able to stay calm. Just ask Donald about that sometime.

That's all there is for now. If there is any new information it will be updated as soon as possible. Please keep our sweet girl in your thoughts and prayers.
Related Posts with Thumbnails