Monday, April 6, 2009

Half Way There

Children always seem to count their age in halves. Have you ever noticed that? Three....and a half, seven....and a half, etc. And so what an important day it was on Saturday when Alexandra awoke to find that six months had lapsed since her birthday. She could officially proclaim her age as six....and a half.

To celebrate this oh-so-important occasion I had a little surprise up my sleeve. I shooed Alexandra out of the kitchen while I got to work on a very unique cake....a half-cake....for a half birthday.


Topped appropriately with six and a half candles.

Delight spread across Alexandra's face when she was allowed access to the kitchen again.

That night after dinner we sang a round of Happy 'Half' Birthday To You....

....and she made wishes to last another six months.


{Lorelai celebrates her half birthday in just a
few short weeks and I have another idea brewing...}

Related Posts with Thumbnails