Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Trouble With Spasms: Part II


I was holding Elisabeth at the dinner table on Sunday when a spasm hit. She face planted straight into a spoon on the table in front of her. The red line going across her face (see above) is not a scratch, but an imprint of the spoon. Ouch.

I also find this picture interesting because you can really see how much stronger her right eye is. It is focusing on the camera while the left eye wanders. I have noticed this quite a bit lately, but it's the first time that I have gotten a good picture of it.

Last (but not least), yesterday while in the grocery store the cashier looked at Elisabeth and said, "I just love the 'special' babies. They have nothing but love to give. You must be one very special lady to have such a special little girl. She'll bring you so much happiness."

I cannot tell you how much that meant to me. Usually people that don't know Elisabeth won't say a word about her, and that has made me a little sad at times. I don't want her to be ignored just because she is different. So to have someone say such beautiful words about Elisabeth brightened my whole day. I smiled back and told her, "Yes, I am the luckiest mother in the world."
Related Posts with Thumbnails