Monday, August 10, 2009

Disneyland

Photobucket

Photobucket


Disneyland is a place that I've always known by heart; every nook and cranny. My grandpa worked side by side with Walt to create it back in the 50's and so it's a big part of my heritage. As a mother, I love sharing that heritage with my children. As we walk through the park I explain to them who their grandfather was and what he did to help bring Disneyland to life.

One of my favorite traditions is stopping by Grandpa's window on Main Street (see above). The shops are made up to look like old fashioned store fronts, but really, they pay tribute to Disney's greatest artists and imagineers.

Saturday was one of the most brilliant days I have ever spent at Disneyland. The temperature was perfect and the crowds manageable. Every moment was filled with magic. The most priceless of all came as we sat near the castle and watched fireworks explode above us. The look on Elisabeth's face will forever be engraved in my memory. Amazed, she gazed at the sky with wonder and joy, her face illuminated softly by the bursts of color above her. I watched Lorelai wrap her arm around her baby sister and then lean over and give her a kiss. This is a moment I will forever treasure; me and my family, perfectly happy, in a perfectly magical place.

Photobucket

Related Posts with Thumbnails