Saturday, December 19, 2009

What a day! What a day!

Today was a day of miraculous firsts for sweet Elisabeth.

First of all....

Elisabeth usually stays put. She has a small area in the family room that she is accustomed to and has never ever crawled or rolled out of her 'little area'. I think part of it is her lack of vision; she never saw that something else was out there. And I also think that part of it was her lack of ability to think beyond the family room. So she always just stayed put....until today. She actually army crawled her way into my bedroom! It was amazing! Donald and I cheered the whole time. Wonderful I tell you, simply wonderful.

And then....

She ate a Gerber stage 3 Turkey, Vegetable and Rice dinner without it being mixed with yogurt. Did you catch that? She ate it straight out of the jar and enjoyed it. Holy moly, Donald and I were besides ourselves. This was HUGE.

And finally....

Elisabeth sat herself up from a crawling position for the first time ever! I could not believe my eyes. Of course, she only stayed up for 2 seconds and then lost her balance and landed back onto her hands again, but nevertheless, she did it!

What a day! What a day!


And now I give you Elisabeth leaving the family room for the first time:

Related Posts with Thumbnails