Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A day 10 years in the making.

Hello, it's me. Have I been gone long? I didn't think so, but according to the emails and phone messages I got due to yesterdays absence, you would have thought I'd fallen off the face of the Earth....lol. Anyhow, it's nice to be missed I suppose.

There is a lot of great stuff coming up this week here at The Far Side....milestones, music, and things of that nature. Also, in case you were ever wondering which posts I fancy as my favorite (is it okay to favor my own posts?), which I am sure you weren't wondering...but now you probably are...just scroll down to the bottom of my blog. All the way down. As in, scroll till you can scroll no more. And way down there you will find a hidden treasury of posts that I hold dear to my heart for one reason or another.

Now on to bigger and better things....

What a weekend it was! Holy moly. We went from one thing to the next. All big, exciting things. One of them being Alexandra's very first-ever basketball game. You see, this game was many years in the making. I remember the year that Donald and I were dating, back in 99-00. The Kennewick High girls basketball team rocked that year. In fact, I think they even won the state title. And I remember during all that excitement Donald told me that someday he wanted daughters and that they would play basketball.

Ladies and gentlemen, the day arrived. And what makes this even better...the icing on the cake if you will...is the fact that Donald is the coach.

Both he and Alexandra were grinning ear to ear the entire game. And of course, seeing them grinning ear to ear had me grinning ear to ear. The only one not grinning ear to ear was Lorelai, who was hungry and bored. But she perked up when she got to be the passer-outer of snacks after the game (along with Grandma).

Oh, and did I mention that Alexandra's team (the Tigers) crushed their opponents? Absolutely crushed them. They scored basket after basket. Amazing. Truly.





***One more thing...I'm out of oatmeal. I'd better get out to the grocery store, ASAP.
Related Posts with Thumbnails