Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How do I do it?

I have a somewhat bad habit of wearing out socks. Not that I mean to...it just kind of happens.

You see, I love socks, love them; especially knee high argyles from GAP, those are my favorite. So stretchy and they stay up (which is important when you love socks as I do).

The trouble is, usually within a week or so, I wear holes through my socks. What a short life that is for a beloved pair of argyles.

Donald always shakes his head. He claims it's because I have pointy toes.

Anyways, you may remember that darling pair of house slippers that my mother-in-law, Susan, gave me for Christmas. You know, the ones with the pom-poms on them? They were perfect! They fit like a sock more than a slipper, which I liked because socks are my footwear of choice. Also, they were knit, which added extra warmth and durability.

I was sure I would get a few months out of them before the usual deterioration began.

Boy was I wrong.

A few days ago I looked down and noticed my right toe sticking out from my slipper.

I was beyond shocked.

A closer examination proved that the left slipper is not far behind, with the yarn thinning around the big-toe region.

I am thinking I should go stock up on them. Let me think, 25 pairs or so might just get me through the year....

(wishful thinking)

Related Posts with Thumbnails