Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Book Fair



Every March my mother-in-law Susan volunteers at the Eastgate Elementary School book fair. It's a tradition that has been going strong for years (decades?). And traditionally, every March she calls to let me know what days/times she'll be there so that I can bring the children by.

Yesterday was that day.



So when school let out I picked up Alexandra from her school and drove across town to Eastgate (where Donald was once a student).

The children held tight to their wallets, browsed through all the books, and made some pretty fine purchases.
This year they came home with:
  • Curious George and the Pizza Party
  • Dinner with Olivia
  • Sports Illustrated Kids: Girl Power
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid
  • Pinkalicious
  • Disney 3/pack of books (Hannah Montana, H.S. Musical, Camp Rock)
  • 4 pencils



The best part of the outing was when Lorelai snuck that Disney 3/pack of books up to the counter and bought it as a surprise for Alexandra with her own money. It was one of those moments where I say to myself, 'Oh good, they really do love each other'. (Believe me, there I times when I have my doubts. Okay, not really, but you know what I mean....don't you?)


[Grandma Sorenson ringing up the girls purchases.]

Related Posts with Thumbnails