Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's the thought that counts.

So, my sister is on her way back to California to rest for a few days before hitting the road again. You may (or may not) remember that she is an archaeologist and she will be spending the next few months in Belize on a dig. I will be sure to post pictures of her adventures as I get them.

Our visit this past week was delightful. Full of long evening walks, plenty of cooking, and lots of help entertaining the children.

One of my favorite moments was when she told me that she had seen the perfect gift for me at the airport on her way here. A yellow
Life is Good mug that said simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. I love it (she so knows me).

Photobucket

And to return the favor I told her that I had seen the perfect gift for her too. I pulled my Pottery Barn Kids catalog out of the telephone book drawer and showed her this:

Photobucket

A white whale basket. Anyone who knows my sister knows that she loves whales. In fact, for as long as I can remember, whales have been her thing. So when I saw this I knew it was meant for her.

She reacted just as I imagined....she LOVED it! In fact, she may have even let out a squeal when she saw it. It is just so Jennifer.

No actual gifts were exchanged....but it's the thought that counts, right?
Related Posts with Thumbnails