Wednesday, May 12, 2010

No News is Bad News

Yesteraday's MRI showed no surprises, just lots of damaged brain tissue and periventricular leukomalacia (That's my new word of the day....try saying it 10 times). I won't go into details about PVL, but if you're interested just click the link and it will take you to a wonderful place where you can learn more than you ever wanted to about it :)

The big disappointment was that there was no Chiari Malformation. That was my last big hope to explain all the head banging. But no, nothing. So now I am left with a child who self inflicts serious pain and a mother (me) who knows an incredible amount about a skull malformation that her child does not have. Oh well, I figure that someday if I happen to be on Jeopardy and I happen to choose 'the brain for $500' and it happens to say 'a condition where the brain tissue protrudes into the spinal canal' I will be able to say, 'What is a Chiari Malformation?'. And then....I guess all my research will have paid off. (lol)

Well, I best go get ready for the day. I need to check Elisabeth into the hospital at 8:00 to get ready for 9:30 surgery (g-tube and fundo). I'll try my best to post an update later.

-Lisa
Related Posts with Thumbnails