Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The First Day

Alexandra ~ 2nd Grade

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket



Lorelai ~ Kindergarten

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Lorelai was out of sorts yesterday. And that's putting it mildly. She was almost in a state of depression due to her broken arm; sad, angry, and just plain mopey. Luckily, her first day of school was nothing more than an hour long Kindergarten orientation; I don't think she could have made it through a real day of school (she'll start full time on Thursday).

I was worried about her. Once we were home from school she perked up a little when some friends stopped by to pay her a visit, but then she slumped back into her depression.

In the afternoon I called our pediatrician and talked with her about Lorelai's condition - because something just did not seem right. She thought that her behavior might be a reaction to the pain meds. So a few hours later, when it came time to give Lorelai her next dose, we switched to a different medication. And then, shortly thereafter, my Lorelai came back; my cheery, spunky, lovely little Lorelai.

And Donald exclaimed, 'all is well in the world again'.

I second that.



***I think that I will re-do Lorelai's first-day pictures on Thursday when she starts school 'for reals'. Because while the pictures above were true to that moment in time, they are not true to who Lorelai really is. So stay tuned for re-takes.
Related Posts with Thumbnails