Monday, August 23, 2010

A Morning Adventure

Photobucket

At 5 AM Saturday morning I awoke to a downpour outside. And then there was a bright flash of lightening. And then a few seconds later a roar of thunder so loud I was sure we would have the children running into our room with fright, but somehow they slept through it.

I dozed back off.

An hour later Donald and the girls were up. The rain had stopped and they were heading out fishing for the morning.

I fell back to sleep. When I woke again the house was quiet; Elisabeth still sound asleep in her room upstairs. So I stayed in bed reading until 8:15 when I heard the sweet sounds of my baby waking up.

'Time to get up', I told myself.

I quickly got ready for the day and went upstairs to pluck Elisabeth from her crib.

'Elisabeth,' I said, 'do you want to go for a Taga ride?'

And while she didn't really have any idea what I was saying, she bounced up and down in my arms and smiled and squealed like she always does.....a bundle of joy that one is.

I took her downstairs, dressed her, plugged her in (g-tube), and set off on a morning adventure through the neighborhood. The summer downpour a few hours earlier had left the air cool and crisp with a slight breeze; it actually felt like Autumn, which made my heart go all aflutter. Autumn is my season of choice and it's just around the corner. Oh happy day, oh happy day.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails