Monday, August 16, 2010

New York Vacation: Going Home

Layovers can be boring for children. Well, come to think of it, layovers can be boring for adults. To help cure Lorelai of her boredom in Chicago's O'Hare airport I created a little game: sort of a digital camera scavenger hunt. I gave her the camera along with three clues and she needed to report back to be with a picture of what I was describing. She loved it....and it kept her mind occupied.

We ended up with pictures like this:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Now, to conclude my New York Vacation posts...which seemed to go on forever, but we squeezed a lot into that one week...I leave you with a list of things I learned:

>New York is humid.
>While I do not enjoy humidity, it did wonders for my skin.
>New York loves toll roads. You have to pay to drive anywhere.
>New York is sprinkled with charming towns and villages.
>The Canadians at the border take their job very seriously; don't even try to joke around with them.
>Never order ice cream from Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. They give you one scoop for 7 dollars. I handed it right back and said, 'no thanks'.
>Do order ice cream on Goat Island. They give you two enormous scoops for just a few dollars.
>Always keep an extra memory card on hand.
>Enjoy the moment. Life is good. As always.
Related Posts with Thumbnails