Friday, November 19, 2010

Enemy Number One

Early yesterday morning Lorelai and Alexandra woke up and came down to my room. They hopped onto my bed and snuggled up under the covers.

A minute or so later Alexandra shouted to me,

"Mom! There's a spider on the ceiling!"

Now, I am not so fond of spiders. But seeing as it was directly above my bed, I thought that I had better brave it out and dispose of it rather than find it on my pillow later that night.

So I went and grabbed the broom, thinking I would knock it down and quickly grab it in a paper towel.

Well....

Just as I was going to sweep it off the ceiling I stopped - it didn't look like a spider.

I looked closer.

It was a ...........

!!!!!!BEE!!!!!!

Aaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

The girls and I went screaming from my bedroom, closing the door on the way out (to isolate the intruder to one portion of the house).

Now, anybody who knows me knows that bees are my number one enemy. Bees are my biggest fear.

So I did what any self-respecting woman of the 21st century would do: I called my husband.

"Donald!! Help!! You have to come home, now!!!!!"

Poor Donald. He later told me that he thought there was something wrong with Elisabeth. And thinking back on it I suppose I could have kept myself a little more composed...but it was a bee for goodness sakes!!

So Donald came home; my knight in shining armor. And he took care of that bee. That bee that must have been the last surviving bee of the season. (I thought all the bees had died off by middle of November)

And then Donald gave me a hug and a kiss (again) and said goodbye (again) and went to work (again).

And nobody got stung.

The end.
Related Posts with Thumbnails