Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Day (part I)


[Our Thanksgiving table decorations.]

It's been snowy - white and cold.

Yesterday morning I tied my shoes, pulled on my coat, gloves, and hat, and slipped outside for a morning walk.

It was 8:00 on Thanksgiving.

The world was quiet.

I imagined that most people were still snug in their beds dreaming of the feast that was awaiting them in a few hours.

I crunched along in the snow, breathing in the air - a clean and crisp 15 degrees.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When I rounded the corner back towards our house I heard music streaming from indoors; Christmas records playing on the phonograph. And then I heard pounding on the window - the girls waving their hands with pure excitement while shouting, 'Mama's home! Mama's home!'

The perfect start to a perfect Thanksgiving Day.
Related Posts with Thumbnails