Friday, January 28, 2011

I Don't Like Needles



I love this photo. Donald took it with his Ipod; I would say he definitely 'captured the moment', didn't he? Everything from my expression to the position of the needle (just waiting to stab me) made me laugh.

Oh boy....am I glad that's over with.

Now I am hobbling around on crutches, trying to figure out how to function again.

I am supposed to perform a concert with the symphony this weekend. Did I mention that? I skipped last night's rehearsal [obviously] but told them I'd be there today. Donald thinks I'm crazy. Maybe I am.

Now, about my leg. You would not believe the bandage they have wrapped me up with. All the way from my ankle to above my knee. And goodness, did they ever wrap it good! 21 inches good! Did you catch that? The bandage has a circumference of 21 inches at its thickest part.

Question: How am I supposed to put on a pair of jeans with a knee that has a circumference of 21 inches?

Answer: I won't.

Solution: Sweatpants. (And seeing as I don't have a large wardrobe of sweatpants, I'll be sending Donald out on a shopping errand today.)

But back to the bandage, the one concealing my stitches, the one that is - shall I remind you - 21 inches around: I have strict instructions to leave it on for two weeks.

???

I could not believe my ears when they told me this. I questioned them, and I questioned them again, and then I came home and questioned Donald,

"Do you really think they meant it?"

"Yes Lisa, I'm pretty sure they meant it."

So two weeks it is.

And, for the record, I am totally okay with an excuse to wear sweatpants for the next two weeks. Who knows, I may never go back to jeans again.
Related Posts with Thumbnails