Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Making Plans


[Mobile hanging above Elisabeth's crib. Completely unrelated to the post, but pretty nonetheless.]

Lately I have been thinking a lot about making plans. I love planning, but I also realize that often times, plans fall through (for one reason or another). And - life being life - this is unavoidable. Which led me to my next thought: Is there a point to making plans when we just don't know what life has in store for us?

My conclusion: Yes.

Making plans is good. It gives us direction, it gives us focus. When we make plans for the future we have goals in mind; we think about what we want and what we need to do to get there. And by working towards a goal, we are being productive and we are improving ourselves.

So what about those times when plans change? Do we get discouraged? Do we give up? Do we say, 'What's the point?'

No.

When plans change - when life changes - you change with it. You look around, you smile, and you say, 'Wow, I didn't expect this'.

And then...you keep on living. It's that simple.
Related Posts with Thumbnails