Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pigling Bland


[My Beatrix Potter Collection]

I have been rather fond of Beatrix Potter's whimsical stories ever since I was a very young thing. I can recollect my father reading to me the Tales of Peter Rabbit, Jeremy Fisher, and most remarkably, Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle. And of course, I had the stuffed animals to match. Let's see, there was Tom Kitten, Jemima Puddle Duck, and - my favorite - Pigling Bland, which sat atop my bed all the way through high school.


[Pigling Bland.]

Now my beloved Pigling Bland has found a new owner....Lorelai. Lorelai loves that little pig. And when I say love, I mean really, truly loves him dearly. Every night as I tuck her into bed Pigling Bland is snuggled close by her side. It warms my heart to see her devotion towards that little toy.

Which leads me to this little bit of news...

As I was perusing the Spring Issue of Pottery Barn Kids I spied this:



A Beatrix Potter tea set!

And do you see who decorates one of those little cups!? None other than Pigling Bland himself!

Could you imagine the look on Lorelai's face if she were to receive this set? I'm quite sure it would be the highlight of her childhood. And, just as I treasured my little Pigling Bland, I am certain Lorelai would treasure this.

I'm thinking it would make a charming Easter gift, no?
Related Posts with Thumbnails