Friday, April 15, 2011

Hooray!



Elisabeth and I took one of our road trips to Spokane yesterday. Believe it or not, it's been over 5 months since we've been there. Whoa! 5 months. In the last 4 years that's the longest we've managed to stay away.

Yesterday's visit was to get some x-rays done and figure out what we [they] wanted to do about Elisabeth's crooked back and twisted/pointed feet.

And, as I suspected, the answer (for a second year in a row) is nothing.

Because if Elisabeth stays as she is (developmentally), there really isn't a reason to put her through the ordeal of trying to straighten everything out. She doesn't really do enough to need legs and feet that are suitable for walking - or a straight back for that matter.

If, however, a year or two from now we see some developmental progress, we could surgically correct her feet and get her fitted for braces.

I'm pretty sure the doctor thought that wasn't even a possibility though - he probably just wanted to give me some lingering hope so that I wouldn't break down in tears about my poor baby that will never walk.

Little does he know that I'm so not that type.

If one day Elisabeth walks I'll shout, 'hooray!!'

But if Elisabeth never walks I'll still shout, 'hooray!!', because she's here and she's living and I love her. And that's worth a big, loud, 'hooray!', wouldn't you agree?

Related Posts with Thumbnails