Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break


[ I found this little gem while sorting through all my picture files on the computer yesterday.]

Spring Break begins today. Ahh, what a relaxing thought. I had visions of the children sleeping in. I thought it would be a real treat - seeing as it's usually a chore to get them out of bed in the mornings to get them ready for school. You know, I hear, "I'm too tired", and "I don't want to get up". So last night as I slipped into my covers I thought to myself how beautiful it would be to have a quiet house in the morning; for the children to sleep-in and not to have the usual it's-time-to-get-up issues.

Fail.

They did not sleep in. The house was [is] not quiet. I awoke to the sound of Yogi Bear or something coming from the family room. At 6:45. Why aren't they still in bed? lol....oh well.

In other news...

We do not have elaborate plans for Spring break. We are saving all elaborate plans for this summer (Donald's diligently saving up his vacation time). But we might try to escape over to Seattle later in the week. Maybe.

Mostly we will be staying here on the home front where I'll be doing some traditional Spring Cleaning. Today I want to finish organizing all the pictures on the computer. I started yesterday and let me tell you, it's not an easy feat. Usually I am really organized, but lately I've let my organizational habits slip a little (at least when it comes to the thousands of pictures I take.)

Anyhow, I'm off to greet my children (remember, they are in watching Yogi Bear - or something). It's a big day today; the day where Alexandra officially goes from being plain ol' eight to eight-and-a-half. And of course, I've got a little something special for her (because half-birthdays are a big deal.)
Related Posts with Thumbnails