Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One Month and Counting...

If all goes as planned I'll be en route to Italy one month from today. That seems so close. And that is so exciting!!!

I called my older sister, Kristin, on Sunday to chat through a few details of our European getaway - because finalizing all the details is up to us seeing as our younger sister, Jennifer, is away in Bali teaching yoga to handicapped children (isn't she amazing?!). Anyways, Kristin and I were talking about how we really don't want to plan out every minute of every day. We just want to be there; soak it all up; people watch; eat; immerse ourselves completely in Italian life rather than stress over what's next on the 'official itinerary'.

While I'm away in Italy Donald and the girls will be livin' it up too - off on adventure of their own; making sandcastles at the beach, swimming, picking oranges at Uncle Michael's house, eating In-N-Out, and of course, paying a visit to Disneyland two or three or maybe even four times.

So, as I have discussed before, successful traveling comes from careful planning. And now that we have hit the one-month mark I am officially in preparation mode. It's time to start making lists and organizing my folder full of hotel reservations and other misc travel forms.

Also, I need to shop for a few more necessary items - including a new pair of sunglasses. I haven't found the perfect pair yet, but I did find a new hat to wear while roaming the streets of Rome:




Off to plan...
Related Posts with Thumbnails