Monday, June 20, 2011

"The force runs strong in my family"



I need to keep yesterday safely tucked away in my memory - there's just not a detail I want to forget.

Of course, it was Father's Day, and the girls had fun showering Donald with love and gifts. My favorite present they gave him was a picture frame to put on his desk at work. It had a quote from Luke Skywalker on it - "The force runs strong in my family" - and we inserted a family portrait. It totally had me cracking up.

And then we had quiche for lunch. It was divine (as quiche always is).

Oh, and guess what yesterday also brought?? An offer on our house! Woohoo and yippee!! Finally something! We have since counter-offered, so we'll see where we end up :)

In the evening we went to my in-laws and had the most delightful time. Donald's mother, Susan, just reconnected on Facebook with her high school BFF, Sally (after 30+ years). She had come into town for a few days and it was so fun getting to know her. The best part of the night was when they pulled out their old high school yearbooks and Sally read aloud what she had once written to Susan back in the mid-70's. It was classic.

Okay, now for my most favorite part of yesterday (It really was a fabulous day I tell you!):

Elisabeth had a little seizure during primary (a.k.a. Sunday School) and as I went to help her, all of the other children in her Sunbeams class circled around her on the floor and gently patted her on the back - trying to comfort her. It was the most heart warming thing I have ever seen.

I am so grateful for Elisabeth's peers; these sweet children who will grow up by her side and be a friend to her. They are in no way afraid her differences, or even fearful of her handicaps/seizures; but they love her and accept her and they are there for her.

Made my day.
Related Posts with Thumbnails