Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Superhero

As far as I can see there is only one hardship in raising a child with severe brain damage - and that would be a physical hardship.

Elisabeth will turn 4 years old next month. 4. Which is exciting, no doubt - except that as her age increases so does her size; she is getting heavy. I've talked about that before, haven't I?

Anyways, my body has had enough. Remember a few months ago when I wrote a post about all the pain that I was in? Well, now I know why. An MRI has shown that I have two herniated discs; L4-L5 (with a 9x15 mm extrusion) and L5-S1. Ouchity-ouch, oh how it hurts!

So that explains the pain - which I can deal with until surgery. But the bigger problem is how do I care for/lift sweet miss E when I am injured?

Answer: My sister, Jennifer.



Yes, that's right, she's here and she's here to stay! Yippee!!!!

Jennifer came up last week and has already found a house to rent. And get this, the house is completely wheelchair accessible. No joke. And the shower, oh the shower - I'm pretty sure it's a disabled-persons dream. I think I'll take Elisabeth to her house for showers until ours is remodeled; just wheel her on in. Ahhh...the good life.


[A shower fit for a queen...queen Elisabeth, that is!]
Related Posts with Thumbnails