Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Story About a Tree-Topper

***Deck the Halls Week***
**Day 4**


When we were unpacking our Christmas decorations I pulled out our tree topper (A gorgeous glittery star made from old sheet music) and randomly stood it behind our nativity. Well, later that night when we had finished trimming our tree the time came to put the star on top. But when I looked over to where it sat behind the nativity I just couldn't bring myself to do it; it made the perfect backdrop - symbolic of the star that shined bright some 2000+ years ago. So I left it. And for several days our tree was without a star.


[Our tree-topper star sitting behind the nativity.]

So two days ago I said to Jennifer, "I suppose I need to get a tree topper for our tree. I'm thinking of getting a huge fat bow and sticking it up there. I mean, who says it has to be a star or an angel."

That's when Jennifer had the best idea ever: To put a sock monkey up on top!

So it was done...





And thus a new tradition is born.
Related Posts with Thumbnails