Friday, January 13, 2012

A Post about Lorelai (my crafty one)


[Photograph of Lorelai, taken this past summer by Charlene Hardy Photography]


Lorelai is soooo excited about Valentine's Day, probably because she is my crafty one. If she could, Lorelai would sit at her little table all day long and create things. So Valentine's Day - while still a month away - is calling her name.

Yesterday after school she called Donald to see if he would take her out to buy Valentine supplies when he got home from work. He agreed, but told her to have her list ready so as to save time.

So Lorelai dictated her list to me and I carefully wrote it down. It went like this:
  • colored tissue paper
  • colored paper plates
  • big black fuzzies
  • small black fuzzies
  • glitter
  • pipe cleaners
  • a hamster ball
  • doilies
  • construction paper
  • glue
  • black marker pens

Donald was a good sport. I think they came home with most of those things - minus all those black fuzzies and the hamster ball. And already Lorelai's bedroom floor is covered in scraps of pink and red and white - remnants of Valentine's to come.


p.s. Donald and I are working on a new project that I am soooo excited about. It'll probably be ready to go by Monday and I can tell you all about it!


Ciao!


Related Posts with Thumbnails