Friday, April 27, 2012

Rock Candy Mountain


As you may already know, my grandfather, Claude Coats, was a Disney artist and imagineer for over 50 years. Indeed, he helped bring to life many classics, including, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella, Pinocchio, and Peter Pan. He also helped build Disneyland into what it is today - designing fan favorites like Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion.

But there are also the hidden designs; whimsy's of my grandpa's imagination that never became reality. I can remember being a child and seeing the drawings for a Candy Mountain that never came to be - but I always thought it would have been so fanciful!

Fast forward to yesterday evening. My mother-in-law, Susan, forwarded me an article from Disney Parks Blog, and lo and behold, they are using that design!!! I can't believe it!! There is a new candy store opening on June 15th in California Adventure called Trolley Treats - and in the front window will be a model of my grandpa's original Rock Candy Mountain! Isn't that just dandy?!

I can't wait for August to roll around so I can go see it in person!!

(Too many exclamation points in this post?!!! Perhaps....but this is an exclamation point kind of occasion!!)



And visit ClaudeCoats.com to learn more about my grandfather...and perhaps buy a print or two.

(Then you and I could have matching artwork hanging on our walls, wouldn't that be fun?)
Related Posts with Thumbnails