Thursday, June 7, 2012

In Memory of Ray Bradbury

My favorite author, Ray Bradbury, died two days ago. I've been a big fan ever since I read The Martian Chronicles in the 7th grade. Something about his writing just captivates me. 

Okay, now for a little confession: my favorite of his short stories is All Summer in a Day. Now, I do realize that it is a very sick and twisted story - but I love it, I do. Jennifer thinks I am nuts, "that's the most depressing thing I've ever read," she has told me (many times). 

To each their own, I say.

 My favorite novel is Fahrenheit 451. Hello, genius. Honestly, he wrote it in 1953 and predicted so much of how life is for us now - even reality TV. I am so in love with Fahrenheit 451 that I actually read a study guide about it two months ago so that I would better understand the different themes (I'm obsessed with it, it's true.). 

Best. Book. Ever. 

Anyways, all of this to say how deeply saddened I was by his passing. He had a true gift and the world has lost a great writer.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails