Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 6

Images from room 2010... 
 

Update: We were much more successful at controlling Elisabeth's pain yesterday. So that is good thing.

They did another head CT as well as abdominal and everything came back looking splendid. In fact, her ventricles were even smaller than they were in Wednesday's CT. Therefore, neurosurgery is claiming that this is not a shunt problem - and it may not be - but I still have my suspicions.

For the past two days I have noticed fluid accumulating around the shunt. It will get big and puffy, and then about six hours later it disappears. Elisabeth has never had fluid accumulate around the shunt, and I find it hard to believe that it isn't somehow related to the pain that she has been in.

So, as a compromise, the neurosurgery team has agreed to do a shuntogram tomorrow to see if it produces any abnormal results. Is it sad that I am hoping for abnormal results? I want to find a problem to fix already.

Lastly...did you see that Elisabeth's giraffe is on the cover of this month's issue of Martha Stewart Living? (Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Tiffany!) 

Related Posts with Thumbnails