Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Little Linguist

For years I have been trying to figure out how to instill within my children the desire to achieve; to better themselves; to be self disciplined. How do you make a person want those things? 

I finally came to the conclusion that it had to happen naturally - it couldn't be forced. 
And happily...it's begun. 

Alexandra awoke last week with an announcement: she was going to teach herself Italian. 

"I already speak English and Spanish. Now I am going to learn Italian...and I am going to keep learning languages one after another." 

My heart soared. This is what I have always desired for my children: for them to see their own potential. For them to understand that they can do whatever it is that they set out to do. And for them not to be afraid of working hard to get there. 

Io sono una mamma felice!

001-4
Learning Italian with the help of Rosetta Stone.
003-1

002-5
I am finding her notes all over the house. She has me quiz her daily.
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails