Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Together We Shall Sing

 photo 64aa4d88-e744-4d95-8393-6b5d15024478_zpsf36a9ec8.jpg 
A blue flag marks our 'next travel destination' on our world map in the parlor.

I clearly remember what it was like to be pregnant with my first child, Alexandra. How I knew that there was a life growing within me, that I was going to be a mother, that there would be an actual baby in my arms - yet it still seemed...unbelievable. It was hard to imagine what she would look like, what her talents would be, what life would be like with her in our home.

But it happened. 

Now I am feeling those feelings again. I know that on the other side of the globe there is a little girl living in an orphanage; I am going to be her mother and I will hold her and hug her and love her. Yet it is still unbelievable. It's that new-mother feeling all over again. But with every day that goes by it becomes more of a reality. I see new pictures; I learn more about her. 

The night before last I dreamt about my new little girl for the first time: It was our first meeting. She approached me and said my name in a soft and tender voice, and then I hugged her. And with that hug I felt love for her - a mothers love - flood through my body. She was mine and I was hers. 

I think about her daily. I wonder what she is doing on the other side of the world; what things she is learning at school, what she is eating, what she is wearing, how she feels about all the changes that have and are happening in her young life. 

Yesterday I learned of her birth mother's wish for her: 

"I would like the child to become a good singer of spiritual songs." 

My heart soared. I can do that. I can teach her music.

It's all becoming a reality.

Together we shall sing.
Related Posts with Thumbnails