Thursday, January 2, 2014

Birthday Thoughts 2014

A lot of people have a bucket list. I don't. It's not that I have anything against them necessarily, I just don't like the idea of writing a life long to-do list and crossing things off one by one until suddenly it's all over. Rather, I just want to live; to let life come at me as it will. And so for 34 years I have lived, and life has brought me more adventures, opportunities, and experiences than I could have ever come up with on my own.
 
I'm so grateful for my life, and I am especially grateful to be a mother. It is the adventure of all adventures, the opportunity of all opportunities, the experience of all experiences. It is in motherhood that I find my greatest joy. There is no doubt that this is what I was born to do, that this is my true calling in life - to raise and love and teach these beautiful girls of mine.

 photo f13e5c64-d1a3-4172-ad53-27ac965b5f8a_zpse4ea6e72.jpg
[My four daughters and me on the eve of my 34th birthday.]
Related Posts with Thumbnails