Thursday, March 6, 2014

Life After Chocolate

It is the 6th of March and I haven't had chocolate all year.
Indeed, I am going without for all of 2014.

Crazy? Yes.

Necessary? Yes.

You see, I had become obsessed with chocolate. Obsessed, I tell you! All day, every day, it's all I would eat. Chocolate chips by the handful, chocolate bars by the dozen. I couldn't stop myself. I was addicted. And to make things worse, I wouldn't eat anything else - I was living off of chocolate.

As we approached the new year, a time for resolutions and fresh starts, I knew what I had to do. I had to give it up. It seems a bit extreme, I know, but I am an all or nothing kind of girl. Honestly, it would be more torturous for me to be limited to some set amount - say 15 chocolate chips a day - than to go without.

So on New Years Eve, as the clock neared midnight, I ate my last chocolate chip cookie for 365 days.

Since that day I have made a huge change in my health habits. I eat extremely clean...and it feels amazing! This is the first time in my life that I have ever focused on nutrition and now that I've made the switch I simply can't imagine going back.

Chocolate will always hold a special place in my heart, but I won't abuse it as I did before. Just little bits here and there, in moderation. But not until 2015, of course!

  photo 15734ae1-6e4b-47d9-91b7-32585317ddb1_zps54c28f63.jpg 
[This is what my kitchen looks like these days.]
Related Posts with Thumbnails