Thursday, June 5, 2014

My Kind of Social

 photo 18f9931a-5396-4056-a6aa-a42b6f874e7e_zpsef80b2c3.jpg
[Photo credit: Mid-Columbia Ballet]
The truth is, I'm not a people person. I don't do 'girls night outs'. I sorta-kinda dread parties. I would much rather be reading than having a conversation with someone. And I am pretty sure I have hermit-like tendencies.

But, these past few nights, I have been attending rehearsals for a spectacular performance of Howard Goodall's Eternal Light: A Requiem, and I realized something: when people join together to create something good and beautiful, it is a very powerful thing. Imagine 84 singers, 32 dancers, and 16 instrumentalists all working in harmony, as one. I can honestly say the result is something that is beyond description; it simply needs to be experienced. This is definitely my kind of social.

I would strongly encourage anyone living in the Tri-Cities region of Washington to attend. More specifically, I would encourage you to attend on Friday night, because once you witness it, you'll probably want to come to the Sunday matinee performance as well. And bring your children - admission is free for all students 18 and under.

Read article here.
Show and ticket information here.
Related Posts with Thumbnails