Monday, February 1, 2016

Thirty Years

Yesterday I had the honor of performing Sibelius' 2nd Symphony. It was thrilling. Lately I have become even more engaged in my music. It's like it is becoming an even bigger part of who I am. I find myself wanting to learn more and play better.

As I was preparing to leave for my concert I was reflecting back on my musical career thus far. That's when it occurred to me that this January marked 30 years since my first violin lesson. I shared the news with Donald.

"Wow," he said. 

"That's pretty impressive when you can say you've done something for 30 years."

I feel so blessed to have discovered my talent and my passion early in life. And double blessed to have had the parents and resources required to help develop and nurture that talent. What if I had never had that first violin lesson? What an empty life that would have been. But alas, I did. And yesterday I performed Sibelius' 2nd Symphony. And I loved every moment of it. And I felt happy.

 photo 20160131_144658_zpsv18vdowv.jpg
Related Posts with Thumbnails