Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Birthday Blog

It's my birthday today and I am glad. Like I mentioned before, I prefer even numbers, so I really like the sound of 28. My life at this point is exactly what I always wanted. I love my family, faith, home, friends......the list goes on and on. There is not one thing that I would change about who I am or the life that I live. What have I learned so far in life??? Easy....I strongly believe that a simple life is a good life. Simplicity is what I model my life around. When I was in my early 20's I didn't quite get this. I would book my schedule full of activities. I was the president of the symphony, a board member for the city of Kennewick, worked full time, and had quite a few violin students. There was always something going on, some meeting to be at, something that I had to do. Then suddenly I realized, I didn't enjoy that kind of life. Now I try to limit my commitments and activities. I love waking up in the morning and seeing absolutely nothing on the calendar for the day. It's not that I am lazy or lacking ambition, it's just that I want to enjoy all the moments that surround me every day. I love rocking on the front porch on warm summer evenings, and curling up by the fire on cold winter nights. I love the smell of freshly cut grass, listening to our birds chirp, and soaking in the tub. I love the autumn with all it's beautiful colors and cool crisp breezes. I like the freedom to do whatever I feel like at any given moment. If I feel like baking, I bake. If I feel like reading, I read. If I feel like taking the girls on a walk, we go on a walk. So that's it. That's my secret to a happy life. Simplicity. I try not to let the negativity of the world, with it's wars, and politics, and drama enter my little world. A happy life, a good life, a simple life. 28 years so far.
Related Posts with Thumbnails