Thursday, April 3, 2008

Yesterday went like this....

First of all, I want to say that my camera is having uploading problems. Actually it's the cord that goes from the camera to the computer that is having problems. This is a big bummer because I would have been posting pictures today with all my news. Oh well, just use your imagination.

So last night I get home from work and Donald tells me to go and look on the back porch. I could not dream of what I was going to find. Had he bought something new? Was something in the backyard broken? No. A dog. A dog that isn't one of the two dogs that we already own. "Uh....Donald.....why is there a strange dog sitting on our back steps? ". I already knew the answer. You see Donald is a dog person. He loves dogs, me.....not so much. But I was sure that Donald had found this poor lost little creature and rescued it from danger of wandering the roads in the dark. Yes, I was right. So I have another dog at my house. I need to find the owner, quick. Preferably before my older two children grow attached (they are currently downstairs picking out a name). Anybody out there lose a dog??? A beagle-ish looking mutt-like dog? (this is where it would have been nice to post a picture)

There was something else waiting for me when I got home last night. This was something I was much more excited about. A few weeks back I had signed up for a Favorite Spring Things Swap. My package had arrived! How fun! I was completely spoiled with new socks, soap, a CD, and yummy treats (another picture would have been nice at this point). Thanks Elena! I love it all!

Along with the package was another piece of exciting mail. A letter notifying us that Alexandra had been accepted into the dual language program! Wooohooo!!!! We are thrilled. She starts kindergarten in the fall and will be in the program through 5th grade. The opportunity to become bilingual seems golden. We are so proud of her (especially since the day she took the test was when I was at the hospital with the baby and everything was topsy-turvy.....I wasn't sure she would be very focused). Congratulations Alexandra! We are so proud of you.

Today is looking to be fun. I am taking the girls to the park for a play date. I will see this gal and her sweet new baby and meet this girl for the first time. Can't wait!
Related Posts with Thumbnails