Thursday, October 16, 2008

Quality Control

Remember my rant about Seattle Children's Hospital and the 5 weeks that it took the surgeon to view Elisabeth's scan? Well, my complaining did make a difference. Here is an excerpt from a letter I received in the mail yesterday:

First, I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience you had regarding the problems with Elisabeth's CT. Dr. Cunningham carefully documented your concern and I added notes from our conversation. I will briefly outline the steps we have taken to address your concerns.

It was determined that the data had been transferred electronically to Seattle Children's from Spokane, but the physicians were not notified. This matter was forwarded to Chuck Fritz, Director of Radiology and Ray Ramoso, Quality Improvement Operations Manager for Radiology. They are investigating ways to improve their system to avoid errors like this from happening in the future. We apologize for the delay and any undue concern it may have caused.

Now if I could get them to stop scheduling emergency surgeries 2 months in advance...

So enough about that...on to my drawing. There were multiple people interested in winning the symphony tickets. After putting all the names into a hat we had Lorelai pull the winning name. And the winner is Tiffani!

Congrats Tiffani! Send me an email with your address and I'll pop them in the mail tomorrow (I am picking them up at rehearsal tonight). Enjoy the concert!
Related Posts with Thumbnails