Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Alexandra's Gift

A few years ago I grew my hair out so that I could donate it to Locks of Love. I wore it twisted it into a bun and secured it with the most beautiful pair of chopsticks adorned with dark and light blue gemstones. Oh, how I loved wearing my hair like that! But the day finally came when it was time to cut it all off. It was one of the greatest feelings {I highly recommend it!}. I mailed off my hair and a few weeks later received a letter thanking me for my donation. It's definitely one of the best things I have ever done {now I am talking myself into growing my hair long again}.

Anyways, this story isn't about me, it's about Alexandra. At the time of my big chop she decided that she too wanted to help make a hairpiece for a child in need by donating her hair. So we let it grow and grow and grow. Then, a few days ago, on Christmas Eve, we decided that the time had come. We piled into the van and drove through the snow to a local salon.

Here is a photographic record of Alexandra's experience:








So what do you think?

{I think that she looks like a Mary Engelbreit character}

Interested in donating? Click here to find out how!

Related Posts with Thumbnails