Saturday, December 6, 2008

Emergency Surgery

{wheeling my angel to the OR}

Remember a few days ago when I wrote that we weren't facing any immediate surgery? Well, I was wrong. No, not Elisabeth....Alexandra. She had a very unfortunate mishap with the swing set today that landed her in the O.R.

The details of her injury are extremely gruesome...so I'll just say that her private area needed some reconstructing. Luckily, the OB on call was my doctor and even delivered my older girls. So I felt a little better knowing that he was the one sewing her back together.

Alexandra came out of surgery OK but is rather uncomfortable. She will have a catheter for at least 5 days (yes, I received a crash coarse in catheter maintenance). There will be no school for her next week and possibly longer as she recovers.

And for the record, Alexandra says that she will never go on the swing set again.

{nervous before surgery}

{post-op with a Popsicle}

Related Posts with Thumbnails