Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Long Lost Milkman

A few days ago I fed my children a breakfast of toast and pears. It was a fine meal, except for the fact that what they really wanted was a nice bowl of crunchy cereal. But I could not accommodate such a request because we were out of milk!

So I got to thinking about the good old days, and how people used to have fresh dairy products delivered to their doorstep by the milkman. It was a vision straight out of the 1950's.


"Do they still exist?" I asked myself.

I opened up the yellow pages in hopes of finding a modern day dairy delivery service. But alas, it wasn't to be found. At least not in my little corner of the world. Oh well, it was a pleasant thought.

My Lesson Learned:
I'd better not allow our milk supply to deplete because
toast and pears isn't going to fly around here.
Related Posts with Thumbnails